Association des Parents d'Elèves du LFI Forum Index Association des Parents d'Elèves du LFI
Forum dédié aux parents d'élèves du primaire et secondaire du lycée Français d'Irlande. Forum for LFI parents.
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Relocation!

Reply to topic     Association des Parents d'Elèves du LFI Forum Index » Pause cafe- Tea break » Echange de service-Parents helping parents Previous topic
Relocation!
Lili

Quartier-Neighborood: Dublin 1
Féminin

Post Relocation! Reply with quote
Hello all!

My name is Lili and my son Mattimeo and I will be moving to Dublin/Dun Loaghaire, Ireland from Paris, France this summer. 
Can anybody recommend a convenient neighborhood to both the school and Coombe Women's Hospital? 
Also, eventually, I would be seeking some arrangement with another family (or two) to carpool to and from school.
Any input you may have is more than welcome, we are looking forward to having the chance to meet some of you soon.

8 year old (CE2)

Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 09:23
Publicité

Post Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 09:23
LucyOR

Quartier-Neighborood: Dun Laoghaire

Hi Lili,

if you want to live between school and the Coombe you need to look at Donnybrook, Sandymount, Ballsbridge, maybe Ranelagh/Rathgar/Rathmines areas, although they are about the farthest you could probably go away from the school (some people do travel from farther than that to school though). The problem with needing to get back into the city centre once you have dropped your son at school is that the traffic is really busy then. You'll have no problem getting to school from town, it's getting back into town that is a problem. And if you need to get back out to school for around 5.30 (I am assuming you will be working full time), you are going to hit traffic again leaving town. It would be great if you could carpool with someone, but that is easier said than done. The Parents Association prints a directory of all families early in the first term and you'll need to look through that when you get it to see who lives near you. It will be difficult to organise any carpooling before then, I reckon. You mentioned Dun Laoghaire in your post, I live there and it's great, but nowhere near the Coombe I'm afraid. I also have a boy who will be in CE2 in September, so maybe I'm sure to meet you at some stage!

If you want any further info on anything, just send me a Private Message and I'll be glad to help. There is also further info on places to live etc on this forum.

Bon courage,

Lucy

Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 13:15
Aude

Quartier-Neighborood: Dun Laoghaire
Féminin

Hi Lili
We arrived in Dun Laoghaire 2 weeks ago from Paris.
I'd be glad to discuss with you and share, send me a PM.
See you during the summer then!
Best
aude

Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 21:39
Contenu Sponsorisé

Post Relocation!

Today at 02:26
Reply to topic     Association des Parents d'Elèves du LFI Forum Index » Pause cafe- Tea break » Echange de service-Parents helping parents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Portal | Index | Administration Panel | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation